GET TO KNOW: Lee Zama, Chief Executive Officer, FEDHASA
1. What do you believe has been the key change in the hospitality sector over the past five years?
Keeping consistent revenue growth in an underperforming economy and the policy uncertainty played its part
2. Where do you see the three key challenges in the industry over the next five years?
Increasing resources for destination marketing into the key large international markets (China, India, Nigeria) whilst improving on local experience, implementation of the e-visa system to boost tourist numbers, increase women leadership.
3. You are a panelist at this year’s Hospitality Leadership Forum, what are you most looking forward to discussing?
Leadership trends and what Africa requires and implementing to grow
4. The hospitality sector is undergoing huge change. What are the three tips you would give for success in the coming five years.
Be ready to enhance customer experiences for the key growth target markets (China India), diversity in leadership is an asset, ….
5. And are there any specific areas in the (sub-Saharan) African hospitality market that you believe are unique?
We have not begun to market the beauty of this continent!!! I have recently learned through an amazing Instagram page, Tastemakers Africa, that I know very little of the real gems of the continent. People post pictures of amazing places that I have never seen in tourists pamphlets.
6. Which type of people do you believe would gain the most from attending your session this year?
Young professionals looking for an open discussion on what is possible, leaders with open hearts