Giving back feels great: Buy these 5 items and you’ll be supporting the Sunflower Fund
In a world where people are often willing, but don’t know how to help, donating to a charity or cause when buying something routine is a good way to give back to people less fortunate or those in need.
In the case of the Sunflower Fund, this saying rings even more true, with courage and generosity at the forefront of what it does.
The fund is a donor recruitment centre and registry to fight blood diseases, such as leukaemia, by recruiting stem cell donors and maintaining a registry of donors committed to helping anyone in need of a life-saving transplant.
Most people don’t have funds available on a monthly basis to support a charity, but taking the time to identify companies that support organisations like the Sunflower Fund, means that you’re able to show your support without breaking your budget.
Here are five everyday items that you might consider purchasing to benefit the Sunflower Fund:
1. Chocolates by Tomes makes silky smooth chocolate by hand from raw ingredients sourced in Africa. The chocolate is used in scrumptious confectionery or decadent cakes and biscuits and the Sunflower Fund receives a portion of the price of each 30g slab you buy. Find these sweet treats here
2. La Vie de Luc bottles water for hotels, restaurants and retail outlets in the Western Cape, Eastern Cape, Free State, Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal and Mpumalanga. The Sunflower Fund receives a portion of the price when you buy a bottle (250, 500 or 750ml) of this water. Find the company here
3. Add an extra spring in your step each morning with the MojoMe O’Mega Crunch instant breakfast or the O’Mega Munch instant smooth porridge. MojoMe manufactures and sells a range of sugar-free, low-carb, healthy-fat (LCHF) Super Quick Mixes, Cupboard Essentials and Lifestyle Supplements that don’t contain any added sugar, grains, gluten, starch flours, additives or preservatives. Buy online at https://www.mojome.co.za/
4. Flowers, and especially sunflowers, can brighten up anyone’s day. If you send someone a Sunflower Bouquet from Interflora, one of the best-known flower delivery services in the world and supported by a network of over 40 000 florists in 140 countries, part of the price is donated to the Sunflower Fund. Order online at https://www.interflora.co.za/
5. Indie Life Insurance, a division of Sanlam has pledged to donate three times the first monthly premium of every Indie Overcome policy sold via the Sunflower Fund. Indie Overcome offers critical illness cover against cancer and other serious conditions, and comes with a free, growing investment. With their support of the Sunflower Fund, you get to help others, while protecting your own health. For more, visit www.getindie.co.za/sunflower
Read more on this article at all4women